"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/8/12

Red Dots Cocktail Ring

I've made a ring to wear with the new necklace.



Basically, I made a peyote stitch ring 6 beads wide.



Then I embellished a section of it with fringe and loops.



I will wear it to the company Christmas party tonight.



It is cold today. When I got up it was only 19F degrees. The sun was shining all day, but it never got above freezing. Brrrrr.

Knitting update: I finished knitting the not-argyle socks. Haven't blocked them yet. Since all the Christmas knitting is essentially done-and way early for me-I went back to working on the chevron sweater. I have 6 inches of the front piece done now.

I am going to start knitting mittens for the rest of the month. We have an emergency request to KnitWits for mittens for 25 girls and 15 boys in sizes 4T-5T. So I will concentrate on that along with the Chevron sweater. It'll make good portable knitting. A project that small can fit in the purse.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Cool ring, LJ. You really do great just thinking up things.

    Hugs
    G-Ma

    ReplyDelete