"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/21/12

Red and Gold Elegance

I started this ornament cover in 2007. I made 5 bands in ladder stitch with the crystals hanging at the bottom, then it got set aside. I don't know what my plan was back then. But those 5 little bands have been sitting on my desk just bothering me every time I see them. So Wednesday I took 3 of them and made this.



I'm going to give it to a friend for Christmas. It's made with Japanese seed beads in 2 colors, 8mm Czech pressed glass beads, 4mm bicone crystals, and a few bugle beads. I think I'm going to take apart the remaining 2 ladder bands and use the beads in something else. I wish I could remember why I made 5 of them.

On Thursday daughter and I went into Coeur d'Alene-even though we got a foot of new snow the night before. I had to get out. I had errands that HAD to be done. We went to Yarnies and then did the rest of our Christmas shopping. I am done! Bwuahahahahahahahaa....! It feels so good! Today I wrapped up everything and put it under the tree.

Tomorrow I'm cooking. Panettoni bread time.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Lovely ornament. I know your friend will love it.

    Hugs
    G-Ma

    ReplyDelete