"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/14/12

WIP Wednesday 11/14/2012

Here is my WIP for this Wednesday.



I have one inch left on this cowl and it's done. I expect I'll finish it tomorrow at the Yarnies meeting.

The argyle sock is not going so well. I got the first leg almost done and I hated it. It was the color combo, of course. Not enough contrast between the variegated yarn and the navy blue. I set it aside for a few days to mull things over as to what to do. I really didn't like it and could not see myself finishing it as it was. So on Monday night I frogged the whole thing. I'm going to start over with different colors. I've only got a month left, so it's gonna be my main project until it's done.

The snow has been melting all day. Temps are supposed to be in the 40's the rest of the week. I would like to see all the snow melt away and then have no more until after Thanksgiving. Wishful thinking, I'm sure.

I have been beading too. I've spent several days with an idea in my head and trying to figure out how to do it in netting stitch. I finally figured it out this morning when I saw a blurb on the net about Chenille stitch. It was exactly the stitch I need to make what I'm picturing in my head. I'm kind of excited about that project now. I will work on it over the weekend.




If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment: