"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/11/12

Flat Spiral Challenge

It has been a busy week. I even missed Caturday! I'll get it next week. I did sit down for a couple hours, though, and worked on this months Seadbeadersters Challenge project-a Flat Spiral bracelet.



I used 6mm and 4mm Picasso firepolish glass beads in a mottled pale grey and brown, and some amber gold-lustered size 11 beads.



Here is a link to a tutorial on how to do this: Flat Spiral



It is a super super easy pattern!



I wore it last night.



We went to see the new Bond movie, Skyfall, than dinner at Red Robin. Skyfall was fun. I really enjoyed it. Dinner was great too. I had the Banzai burger. I always have the Banzai burger. It is awesome. That and the Berry Limeade. Mmmm...tasty!

I have been knitting some. I'll post about that hopefully tomorrow.

So what was I doing all week? Running around. It was the first week of the month. So I had lots of places to go. Tuesday was voting, and Rathdrum Knitalong, Wednesday was Knit Wits, Thursday was Yarnies, Friday was the second session of the glove class. Between all that I have to do the usual house cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc etc etc.

On top of all of this, sigh, winter arrived---with a WHOMP! On Thursday it turned very cold and by that evening it was snowing. It snowed all night. It didn't stop snowing until Saturday morning. We got a total of 7 inches by the time it was done. The temps have not been above freezing since Thursday evening.

Thursday, after I got home from Yarnies, I filled up the bird feeders and set out some suet blocks because it felt like it was gonna snow (the Doom was thick in the air). I'm waiting for the birds to find it now. So far, I've had finches and a Flicker. The kittens are fascinated by them. They spent a couple hours on the windowsill this morning watching them.

Cable was beside herself with excitement over the snow. I think she must have really missed it a LOT! She ran in and out the doggy door. When she was out, she rolled, danced, ran, nose-plowed, and played in the snow. She laid in it, rubbed herself all over in it, and ate it. My goodness! It was quite a show. I think she spent pretty much the whole day on Friday out in the snow. Daughter was worried she was getting cold when she was laying in it snoozing. I figured if she got cold, she'd come in to warm up.

Cable running in the snow

So, I've kicked into 'waiting for spring' mode now.

Live long and prosper. \\//


No comments:

Post a Comment