"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/12/10

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 12, 2010


FOR TODAY
April 12, 2010

Outside my window...
The sun has gone down behind the mountains. Soon it will be dark.

I am thinking...
the odors coming from the kitchen smell mighty good.

I am thankful for...
the color purple. It is so soothing to my eyes.

From the kitchen...
Gramma's Goulash. It's an old family recipe that has nothing to do with what most people think of as Goulash.

I am wearing...
a t-shirt with lettuce edged sleeves and blue jeans.

I am creating...

lots of knitted goodies. I've got 2 pairs of socks on the needles, a lace shrug, and a fairisle hat. I'm a busy knitter these days.

I am going...
out a lot these days. I'm making lots of new friends and having fun, as well as keeping myself out of jail.

I am reading...
Roses are Red by James Patterson. It's an Alex Cross murder mystery. I decided to take a break from all the non-fiction I've been reading of late.

I am hoping...
it's a sunny warm day tomorrow. I would like to sit out on the deck and knit for awhile.

I am hearing...
crunching noises. Tommy is chewing on a bully stick. Morgan is pretending to watch him, though we all know he can't see Tommy.

Around the house...
It's looking pretty good actually. I've still got a few problem spots, but for the most part it's organized and clean.

One of my favorite things...
Dogwood. I've tried growing it in my yard but it doesn't bloom. We always have a frost at just the wrong time which freezes the flower buds and kills them. I finally had to give up. I wish I could grow them. I wish someone would breed a Dogwood tree that can handle Zone 4 weather.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well, there's the usual Yarnies on Wednesday, knitting class on Thursday. Somewhere in there I need to get my hair cut and the oil changed in my car. I need to make an appointment for my eyes too. I think I need new glasses. It's been 3 years.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...





Have a nice day.

If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment