"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/12/09

Stash Enhancement

I was going to post a letter to all Canadians asking them to please take back the frigid freezing subzero colder then hell weather they sent this way, but I've changed my mind. Besides, I doubt they'd take it back no matter how much I beg. Sigh. I am taking comfort in the weather prediction for 50F degree weather next Tuesday. (Knock on wood.)

Last week I acquired some stash enhancement. Haven't blogged about it yet because I hadn't taken pics.

My daughter, Sarah, sent me a belated birthday gift via her father (they work at the same place). She gave me beads! I have raised her right.



I love the little kitties. They are so cute. I think I'll make a pair of earrings with them. The lampwork beads are actually dark green. Doesn't show all that well in the photo.

I have started working on a secret project (like I need another wip). I'm using Cascade 220 Superwash for it. I had to order a specific color from an online source because none of the local shops carried it and I didn't want to ask them to order it when all I need is one ball. I got it from Yarn Country but the shipping was gonna be kind of high for just one ball of yarn. You get free shipping if the order is over $75. Well, I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do, right? I added sock yarn to the order so I could get free shipping.


It's Berroco Sox Metallic. Yup! There's bling in it.

There's a thin metallic gold thread running throughout. It comes in 4 oz skeins with lots of yardage, but I went ahead and got two each of my desired colorways anyway. I'm sure I'll find a use for those extra skeins.

I have not heard from Mama May, the contest winner, yet. If I don't hear from her by tomorrow 10am I will draw another winner.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Your birthday beads are gorgeous! Got to love free shipping! I order from some of my favorite places when they offer that too =)

    ReplyDelete