"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/2/08

WIP Wednesday 7/2/08

Socks, socks, it's all about socks this week.

SOS'08 sock, you can see the lace pattern on the front. It's okay. Not as nice as I was hoping.


This is a side view. I do love the yarn. It's scrumptious.


The vacation sock is coming along. Can you tell where the knot was? Heh heh. I sure can't. I out did myself hiding it. I'm really liking the way this stitch pattern looks with the striping yarn.


Yesterdays weather was so oppressive! It was hot and horribly sticky. There was so much tension in the air it felt like a mountain sitting on my shoulders. Around 6:30 pm it all erupted into one of the fiercest thunderstorms I've seen in a long time. It rained. The heavens opened up and we got dumped on-2 inches of rain in less than an hour. The booming and shaking of the house was nerve racking, and I saw a streak of lightening hit one of the trees across the road! I could feel the crackle of the electricity from the bolt. It made my hair sort of stand up a bit. (I was standing in the doorway trying to coax Lindy, the grandkitty, into the house. She was terrified!). The fur boys hid in the kitchen, restless and pacing the whole time. Poor little guys. We were all greatly relieved when the storm finally moved on.

This will be my last blog post of the week. We are going camping again. I knew we were scheduled to go this coming weekend. What we'd all forgotten was we'd made the reservation for Wednesday, instead of our usual day. We discovered that yesterday. Since we made the reservations months ago, I'm not surprised.

Panic set in amongst the female campers of the tribe. There is no way Dan, Sue, Frank, and Sarah can make it on a Wednesday (what were we thinking????), but we don't want to lose our reservation. So, Doug is taking a half day off today and he and I are heading up this afternoon, around dinner time, to establish ownership of our domain.

This time we're going up to the north fork of the Coeur d'Alene river and camping at Kit Price campground in the Idaho National Forest. It sits right on the bank of the river. We're going to take the kayaks, but we suspect the river will be too dangerous yet with the late snow melt. After nearly dying 2 years ago because I didn't respect the snow melt, I don't go on the river unless it's down to a slow lazy dribble-which by July it normally would be. However, there is still snow in the mountains! In July! Totally weird.

Oh yes, I hope you like the new blog theme. I'm in a lime and violet mood this month.

So, with that said, I wish y'all a wonderful 4th of July celebration. Stay safe!

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. The socks look beautiful!!! And we had the same strange weather over here. However, today it's much cooler which is great. Happy camping!

    ReplyDelete