"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/2/08

Beehives and Turkish Loops

The rear wiper on my car turned out to be such an easy fix I was kicking myself. When Sweet Hubby 'broke' it, it was still attached to the car. It just flopped around and hung off the back like a guilty tail. Apparently, if I'd just popped off the little plastic cover at the base, I could have screwed down the nut that is designed to loosen if the blade is forced too far off the window. It's all fixed now, the oil is changed, and they even washed it and vacuumed the inside. I feel like I have a new car.

I took the shawl with me. I know, absolutely the most-pathetic-excuse-for-a-knitter ever. I just didn't feel like knitting a sock. Here's where I am on the shawl. That little orange arrow is one of those sticky-note thingies used in mortgage offices to point at where one needs to sign their life away. A great way to keep track of what row I'm on.



After I got home, I sat down with my new magazine. I popped into Borders on my way home to look for the new issue of Step by Step Beads because it just happens to have instructions for a Turkish Loop Bead Crochet rope in it. It helped me finish my rope.


I am in love with this type of crochet. It's fast and fun. I'm anxious to try all kinds of beads with it.

I also picked up Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee's new book Things I Learned From Knitting, an Australian cross stitch magazine, a book titled Photography for Dummies, and a novel by Mary Higgins Clark (one of my guilty pleasures) that was dirt cheap on the clearance table. Book stores are every bit as dangerous to me as yarn stores, or bead stores.

Well, the sun is shining, it's warm out. I'm going out side to soak some sun and work on my sock.

Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. The shawl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is absolutely gorgeous! I found your blog looking on how to info on Turkish crochet with beads and got distrated looking through all the goodies. I will definitely have to come back and spend some more time browsing! - Beady hugs - Ginger
    PS - I knit too - but not nearly as cool stuff as yours!

    ReplyDelete