"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/22/07

It's Over

Rathdrum Days has been done and is history. I will not be doing it again. I didn't sell one thing. Not even one tiny little pink ring. Sigh.....it was a total waste of my time. Oh, the people loved my jewelry. Just weren't buying.

On the first day no one was selling anything. Hardly any people were there, other than vendors. Note to self--craft shows on a Friday are a waste of time. As we (Bill and I) were sitting there in our booth, we started asking why they were having this thing on a Friday anyway? Most people are at work.

Saturday the place was pretty crowded. But still, people weren't buying. Hardly any of the vendors sold much over the whole two days. Some of them even packed up and left early they were so disgusted. Thankfully, Bill sold some beads, so it wasn't a total wash out. I would have really felt bad if I'd talked him into sharing that booth with me and then he hadn't sold anything at all. I just wish I could have sold one or two items. The booth cost me $35. I would have been much happier if I'd at least broke even. Oh well. You don't know until you've tried it. Clearly, this was not the proper venue for my jewelry. Or anyone else's for that matter. There were 5 other vendors with jewelry who did just as bad as me.

My brain feels like mush today. One thing about show booths is they are very exhausting to do.

I did get some beading done at the show. I finished my chevron peyote bracelet, and started a pink dutch spiral. I would have got the baby cardigan put together too, but when I opened my knitting bag I discovered I'd left the sleeves at home. Can't sew something together if half the pieces are not with me. I did have the book with me, and some bright yellow yarn, so I started one for Knitwits. I'm making some changes to the pattern though, so it turns out nicer.

Now that It's over, I can move on to other things. I'm going to get back to working on my book. I've mapped out the next pattern design. Now I just need to string the beads and start knitting.

Next event in my life-the family campout at Lion's Head.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had a lousy day - I've certainly had my share! It really does have to be the right venue, right timing, right weather etc., to put people in the mood to buy. Even a small change in the environment can turn a normally great venue into a dud - you just have to pick yourself up and keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete