"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/13/07

Fridays Feast 7/13/07

Fridays Feast is late this morning because I couldn't get to the computer at the usual time. It's Le Tour de France time. What does that have to do with it? Well, when I'm working on my blog, I'm usually sitting in hubby's recliner, using the keyboard and monitor for the computer in the living room. But when Le Tour de France is on, hubby is sitting in his recliner watching it. He gets up at the crack of dawn, and watches it until the end of each stage. Usually they're done by 8 or 8:30am. The race didn't end until after 9 this morning. Personally, I don't enjoy watching bony rear ends bobbing on bikes for 3+ hours, but he loves it, so I endure (for 3 annoying weeks!). And it is endurance for me. I don't want to get up at 5 am to watch this, and I don't. But I don't get any sleep either, cos he's got the volume turned up so darn loud they can probably hear it over in Montana. So I lay there for an hour or so feeling miserable, then get up in disgust and sit and watch the darn thing with him. That's what you do when you're madly in love with someone.

I got lots of knitting done during it this morning. I finished the second sleeve of the baby cardigan--HURRAY!--and threaded all the pieces with blocking wires. When I get done here I'm going to get out the steamer and the blocking board and get busy.

I prefer steam blocking. I'm not saying it's the best. I'm saying it's what I like the best. Especially for acrylics and wools. I use blocking wires, lots of T-pins and my Jiffy Steamer that sweet hubby got me a few years ago. I have an awesome blocking board that is 51 by 33 inches with a grid of inches, angles, and whatnot. It folds up and has carry handles. Using these 3 items makes for a very professional finish on my knitting.

Yesterday, to get a rest from the heat, my daughter and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!! The best Potter movie yet! About half an hour into the movie I was so wrapped up in the story that I felt like I was in it, rather than sitting in a theater. I was totally mesmerized the whole 2.5 hours. They did a good job of following the book, which had to be difficult cos it's so long. Obviously, some things had to be left out. There were scenes in the book that I would have liked to see in the movie, but I totally understand why they weren't there. In a movie they try to keep the main focus of the story moving forward and those scenes wouldn't have done that. They had all the most important parts there. Anyway, if you're a Potter fan, you will NOT be disappointed.

Now, on to the feast.


Appetizer

What is your favorite fruit?
Raspberries.


Soup

Who is someone you consider as a great role model?
This is a hard question because there isn't really anybody I can think of. Everyone is human, so everyone has imperfections. There are character traits of various people I admire and try to emulate, but no one who I'd want to be like 100%.

There is a woman I knew in California when my daughters were really small, though, who's mothering skills made her my role model for being a mother. She had 7 children. At the time I knew her they ranged from age 17 down to age 4. Sandy Miller was her name and I never saw such a wonderful mother as her. Here she had all these kids, all different personalities (a couple of them stubborn red heads like my oldest), and every one of them the most well behaved well adjusted sweeties you could ever meet. I used to ask her for parenting advice. What she gave me were pearls of pure wisdom that helped me become the mother I wanted to be. In fact, she's the one I give credit for my daughters turning out as wonderful as they are. Unfortunately, when we moved back to Idaho I lost contact with her. I've often wondered what successful things her children ended up doing as adults, for I'm absolutely sure every one of them is successful.


Salad

If you were to spend one night anywhere within an hour of your home, where would you choose?
Probably a camp ground on Lake Pend Oreille (pronounced Pon de ray-it's french)


Main Course

Name something you do too often.
Worry


Dessert

Fill in the blank: I really like _Idaho_ because _it's so beautiful_.
There's lots of things I like. How do I choose just one???


Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your soup!! She sounds amazing! Great feast answers.

    ReplyDelete